MSPP Promotes Self-Care and Community
The Dean of Students' Office and the Student Coordinating Committee (SCC) work together to promote self-care and community. Below is a sampling of free programs taking place this year.
MSPP offers a number of student-led organizations. Organizations are open to all students.
- Change the perception about mental health on college campuses
African, Latino, Asian, Native, and Arab American (ALANAA)
- Open to all students
- Engage in discussions about ethnic related issues as it pertains to fields of mental health
- Experience a sense of community and belonging
American Neuropsychology Student in Training (ANSIT)
- Open to any student interested in neuropsychology
- Talk about the field and attend guest lectures
American Psychology- Law Society Division 41 (AP-LS)
- Interdisciplinary organization devoted to scholarship, practice, and public service in psychology and law
Community Service Committee
- Give back to the community
- Bring mental health services to the underserved
- Attend monthly discussions and activities
- Promote and educate others on diversity and difference
Gender Equality Committee
- Advocate for gender equality and discuss gender specific issues such as feminist psychology
- Offering special events including guest lectures, film and discussion events
- Offering extra peer and faculty support along with gatherings and good discussions
Non-Traditional Student Group
- Connect with another peer who is changing professions, has children, a spouse, or is older than the average student
- Open to all who are passionate about positive psychology and personal development
- Work towards applying positive psychology to your personal and professional life
- All are welcome
- Discuss LGBTQ issues at MSPP and Beyond
- Participate in an LGBTQ Mentoring Program
Student Coordinating Committee
- MSPP's student government where student voices are heard and growth is made.
- For students interested in making a difference and improving the learning experience.
SCC Sports Club
- Dedicated to bringing athletics and fun to MSPP. In the past we have run softball and kickball teams.
Veterans and Military Connected Group
- Provides support to our military and their families
- For veterans, military or military connected members of our community