Apply To The Doctor of Psychology (PsyD) in School Psychology Program
In the links below you will find application information to the doctoral program in school psychology. Transcripts and official test scores should be sent to the MSPP Admissions Office to arrive on or before the set deadline. All other materials must be supplied electronically through your online application account. For detailed information about the PsyD in School Psychology Program, click here.
- Undergraduate degree or prior work experience in psychology or education, or a closely related field (e.g. human development).
- Academic achievement at the undergraduate and/or graduate levels (Although there is no cut-off GPA requirement, 3.0 (of 4.0) is expected).
- For advanced standing applicants, possession of a master's degree or higher in school psychology.
> Required Application Materials
For MA/CAGS/PsyD Applicants
For applicants with no prior graduate work in school psychology, entry is at the MA/CAGS level. Candidates complete the MA/CAGS portion of the program, then continue on for the PsyD in School Psychology Program, a 116 -124 credit program in total.
In order to be correctly identified, these applicants are required to:
- Select the School Psychology PsyD program (MA/CAGS/PsyD option) on the online application.
- Indicate on the Application Essay upper right hand corner of every page: “Applying to the School Psychology MA/CAGS/PsyD Program.”
Please be aware that under this option:
- The General GRE Test is not required for admission, but is strongly recommended, and
- application deadline, interviews, confirmation, and offer acceptance deadline dates are the same as the School Psychology MA/CAGS Program.
Applicants to the School Psychology PsyD Program with advanced standing must have prior graduate level training in a planned program in school psychology (e.g., specialist level, or Certificate of Advanced Graduate Study degree). This prior training must qualify the applicant for at least 30 credits of advanced standing credits toward School Psychology MA/CAGS level courses. Submission of School Psychology Praxis II test scores is recommended, but not required. Submission of General GRE scores is strongly recommended. In order to be correctly identified, these applicants are required to:
- Select the School Psychology PsyD program (advanced standing option) on the online application.
Times and Deadlines for Admission
Please click here for admissions application deadlines and interview schedules for all MSPP Academic programs.
Apply Online use this link to fill out and submit your application online.
Send supporting materials such as transcripts and official General GRE scores to:
MSPP Admissions/PsyD in School Psychology
One Wells Avenue
Newton, MA 02459