School Psychology (MA/CAGS) Program
Philosophy and Goals
The MSPP School Psychology Program prepares future practitioners to develop proficiency in a comprehensive range of essential skills and professional behaviors that promote healthy development and reduce barriers to learning, and to confidently practice a comprehensive model of school psychology. Program goals and objectives are as follows:
- Trainees learn essential knowledge and skills that impact lifelong psychoeducational outcomes, broadly defined—including academic competence, personal-social well-being, success in the workplace, and healthy development.
- Trainees develop proficiency in the skills introduced in coursework through supervised practice in the field.
- Trainees work effectively and respectfully with diverse types of students and families, school personnel, other professionals, and members of the community.
- Trainees develop the skills and inclination to assume leadership roles in the field.
- Trainees, graduates, and the local professional community are supported as they engage in school and community improvement and lifelong professional development.